Friday, August 21, 2009

Mommie & Me......

REAL TALK. One this I cherish the most about being my own boss is the trust others put into you. Even with something as simple as photography trust and support are very important. One thing you must have when running your own business large or small is good ethics, both on the business sense and the personal sense. I met Danielle, when I got my first apartment after moving out on my own, and she has always had a wonderful spirit. Just her smile, and positive attitude has been wonderful. In April she hired me to take photos of her and her son Christopher. It''s funny how things work out, because during her session I had a long discussion with her about professionalism, and providing good customer service. After her session I lost my grandmother, and a lot was going on, but I never forgot about her photos, so once she selected the photos I told her I would have them ordered and sent to her, she even sent me a self addressed envelope to return them in. I mailed them two different times, and I still to this day don't know what happened to her photos between the post office and her home. When I mailed the second set of photos I assumed she got them, it was not until last Sunday I received a e-mail from her stating she had yet to receive the photos, needless to say she was very upset, and when most would have flew off the handle Danielle in her classic professional tone just clearly stated that she was unhappy that she had yet to get her photos. When I read the email I nearly crumbled, because even though I had no control over the lost mail, I should have followed up with her, and ensure everything was taken care of. I sent her a reply and I am in the process of cleaning up the situation, but because of the way she has handled the situation the least I could do is share it for, my friends, and customers are very important to the success of Trademark, and I cherish each and everyone that sends or gives me business. I am still growing and learning, but I do know that the best way to fail in this business is to have unhappy customers, that is not what I strive for, and everything I do I want it to show the passion, and style. Here are a few photos from Danni and Christopher's session!






No comments: